Friday 18 May 2007

Mandurah Revisited

Some of you may remember the odd peculiarity that was Mini-Abingdon in Mandurah. Well, I've come to the source of the inspiration, Abingdon town itself to see how the real thing shapes up to the model (or should that be the other way round)? Comedy cliche dictates that I label the photos the wrong way round. Or have I??!!?? Oh, it's so confusing...

1.

Photo: Monastery, Abingdon


Photo: Monastery, mini-Abingdon, Mandurah
2.

Photo: Council Hall, Abingdon

Photo: Council hall, mini-Abingdon, Mandurah
3.

Photo: Shops, Abingdon

Photo: Shops, mini-Abingdon, Mandurah

Man, it was a challenge trying to manoeuver my camera to try and get those 'pedestrian-shots' of mini-Abingdon :-)

The last one is probably the most outrageous. Why would you want to build a Costa coffee store in real life, when you could have a birthday card shop which sells furniture??!!??

Still, at least I now finally have closure on the strange experience that was mini-Abingdon. Did I mention I won the mini-golf there?

No comments: