Friday 31 August 2007

Forms of transport in New Delhi

I've now been on 1. Delhi bus, 2. taken the metro, 3. taken a cycle rickshaw and of course, (see previous blog) the aforementioned 'auto'. I think that pretty much sums up all the types of transport in Delhi, short of walking and paying someone to carry you around (though I don't think that happens much here). Yeah OK, there are taxis and cars with drivers, but I think the 4 modes of transport above sum up what the general public use around here.The bus - sorry it's a bit blurred, but those people aren't rushing to get onto the bus, they're holding on to it as it moves!

Autos and what passes for the village main road...

It's kinda like London, just a lot hotter, dustier and if you don't watch where you're going, you're liable to fall down a large hole or trip over a stray dog. That said, I kinda like it here!

No comments: